[OT] Apple Rant

Andrew Henshaw andyh1234 at sky.com
Sat May 26 11:46:03 EDT 2012

Thats how mine works.

Mine also usually says 12 hours to download to begin with,  then I check 10 minutes later and its ready to play.  One HUGE performance factor ive found is if you use a centralised dns like opendns or unblock-us etc it pretty much destroys the download performance and its hours and not minutes for downloads to start.

I believe Apple use geo data to provide a local server for iTunes downloads,  and they cant always get this when you go through other dns systems.

Netflix and VuDu however seem to have it much more sorted.

Andy