[OT] Apple Rant

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 26 11:32:20 EDT 2012

Peter Haworth wrote:
> So I give up on that and think, OK, let's watch a movie through my new
> AppleTV box.  Already watched several NetFlix movies with no problem.
>  Ordered a movie.  After I've paid for it, I'm told a) it's only available
> to watch for 24 hours, and b) it's gonna take nearly 6 hours to download.
>  Leaving town tomorrow so no way I can watch this movie. How come NetFlix
> can automatically adjust their download resolution to my Internet
> connection speed but Apple can't?
> Time for a goodnight glass of single mat Scotch - Glenfaclas 105, you can't
> beat it

"When things get so big I don't trust 'em at all.
  You wanna keep control you gotta keep it small.
  DIY."
- Peter Gabriel, "DIY"

Guide To Building An Open Source HTPC / Media Center on Ubuntu
<http://linuxlookup.com/guide_to_building_an_open_source_htpc_media_center_on_ubuntu>

PS: Good choice of Scotch.  You're welcome to come camping with me any
time.   Nothing beats a good single-malt at the campfire under the
desert moon.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World