Android/mobGUI/screen sizes

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Fri May 25 08:40:39 EDT 2012

I'm stuck.

John Craig is apparently not responding to any messages, whether here,
directly by email, by support ticket, or via the LC forum.

I've been trying to convert a LC ios app (which uses mobGUI) to Android.
I was hoping I could just add one custom size of 480x800 to the two
iphone/ipad sizes I had already built for. But after testing at Verizon
on a few Android devices, I see this won't work. Plus, I asked potential
customers to send me their phone details, and just looking at the first
five, I found the following:

480x800
720x1280
800x1280
600x1024
540x960

What a mess.

So I see no way to use mobGUI for this. Looks like I have to rely on
code to resize objects on the fly.

Still, I want to use mobGUI for scrollers and other objects, as this is
already deeply embedded in my app. So how do I handle this? I have no
idea how mobGUI will react to resizestack messages on every card, which
attempt to resize and re-place objects on each card. Should I just build
in that code after the mobGUI preopencard code does its thing? Seems if
I do this during development, though, it will make a mess of the object
rect values mobGUI is storing.

I'm lost on how to address this. Thanks for any suggestions.

Richard Miller