Webifying livecode is a real mystery to me

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Fri May 25 02:57:52 EDT 2012

What an informative great post, pedagogical and synthetic, to describe things, Andre ! Just want to add some details :

RevServer makes us able to program multi-users cloud enabled web and saas solutions in following the best standards we will ever get to code in avoiding sad proprietary languages, paradigms and systems.

RevServer expect a serious learning curve to makes us able to become 80% creative / 20% technical in about the solutions we deploy in using it to produce great HTML5/CSS3/Javascript anyware deployable solutions. On the other side, as soon as we master RevServer as the core engine of our creations, it becomes always more and more easy to use what it can outputs to the web browser or as a native or mobile web app.

Take the time to understand how HTML5 and CSS3 parse things is not a long way at all, just a little rebarbative before we get the logical elegance of them. About Javascript, while plain core JS coding can helps to understand the language, it's often interesting to choose a good precoded library, alike JQuery, Prototype or Mootools, and go head with it.

Just to hang up in being as concrete as possible in some practical tools and frameworks i use to make my day work easier :

LCServer, LCDesktop, LCiOS, LCAndroid, HTML5, JQuery libs, CSS3, CSSEdit2 (Mac only), TextMate (Mac only), TextWrangler (Mac only), GraphicConverter (Mac only), SnapNDrag (Mac only), Iconographer (Mac only),  yEd, CyberDuck (Mac only) ...

Test devices :

Windows XP to 7, OSX, iPad 1, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 2.33), Motorola tablet (Android 3), MSIE6+, Safari, Chrome, Firefox ...