Standalone problem (solved?)

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue May 22 12:35:45 EDT 2012

This is all quite timely for me as I just started, reluctantly, to try to
figure out how to write an external.  It's discouraging to hear that, even
if I get through figuring out how to make an external from the incomplete,
out of date lessons on how to do it, there are various other hurdles to
overcome to actually use them reliably.

I managed to make it through the tutorial as far as building the sample
external, at which point the lesson says a new stack should pop up in the
IDE.  It didn't.  The lesson gives no clue as to how to proceed from that
point.  I'm fortunate in being assisted by a member of this great community
off list, but still struggling.

My efforts are directed at trying to get my app into the Apple Store.  It's
pretty clear that checking the MAS receipt is going to require externals.
 There's a commercial product available to generate a C function to check
the MAS receipt but it needs to be made into an external and since RunRev
support are not able to tell me if or when they will be providing any help,
I don't have much choice but to try and muddle through the externals
process myself.  And then there's sandboxing.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>