Google alerts

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun May 20 09:37:04 EDT 2012

Google have a thing they call "alerts". With those you can set a search string, and how often to check, and if the string shows up anywhere online you get emailed about it.

Quite a while ago I put my name in, to see what happened. Every now and then I get an email about some business chap in Australia, who manages to get away with having the same name as me!

This morning though I got one that was me, and as with the last time it happened this alert was the first notice I got of the thing being posted. As you check it out, you'll see why I didn't put [OT] in the subject:

http://www.packtpub.com/authors/profiles/colin-holgate