[OT] My iCloud account has been hacked.

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri May 18 17:48:00 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Jerry Jensen <jhj at jhj.com> wrote:

> I've seen a lot of similar troubles lately. Most are from aol, yahoo,
> hotmail, msn, etc. free accounts that seem like their passwords have been
> guessed.Changing passwords has always stopped the trouble. Maybe those
> providers are favorite hunting grounds because there are so many abandoned
> or forgotten accounts.
>
> But not iCloud! Eek!
>
> Could it be that all this is a result of WiFi password sniffing? Andre, I
> would think your password was not easy to guess.

That password was rubbish but other guys with random passwords as long as
15 chars have also been hacked. I don't use unencrypted connections, so
WiFi sniffing is out of the question, my router is a top grade mikrotik, I
think it is better than cisco.

it is ugly, an knowing apple, no one will ever know what happened. The
users will always be blamed. Also, I reinstalled Lion two days ago so this
was basically a fresh install.