send command hiccups?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu May 17 02:54:55 EDT 2012

Are you delivering your stack on desktop?  When playing an imported sound,
any call to play the sound will immediately halt playback of any currently
playing sound.  One way to avoid clipping playback of a sound is to check if
the sound is "done".  You can use a repeat loop along with "if the sound is
done", or a "wait until the sound is done".  Another option could be to
employ a couple of players so playback of sounds *can* overlap -- assign the
bell sound to both players and alternate playback of each player.

If you're delivering on mobile, you might see the release notes under
Multi-channel sound support.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director