I want to be a flasher.

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu May 17 01:53:01 EDT 2012

This seems to get pretty close, (but I ran into some intermittent [what seem
to be] card caching issues):

command flashThisCard
   put the effectRate into ER
   set the effectRate to 750
   if version() < 5 then
      lock screen
   else do "lock screen for visual effect"
   unlock screen with visual effect dissolve very fast to inverse
   go this cd
   set the effectRate to ER
end flashThisCard

FWIW.