Sort of a problem

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun May 13 14:32:34 EDT 2012

Since you mentioend the word "database", Here's another solution that would
work with SQLite (Addresses is the table name and AdrLine is the column
containing the street address):

SELECT * FROM Addresses ORDER BY CASE WHEN substr(AdrLine,1,2) IN ('N ','S
','E ','W ') THEN substr(AdrLine,3) ELSE AdrLine END;

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>