[OT] Mac Beach Ball Party (or welcome to hell, here's your mac)

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Fri May 11 16:14:27 EDT 2012

Le 11 mai 2012 à 22:00, stephen barncard a écrit :

> thanks Ken. Internal drives don't have lights these days. Wish they did -
> it would save time to know when something clearly isn't happening. The
> powers that be decided that wasn't needed anymore.
> The tip at your link looks promising, as I'd rather manage my own 6 gigs of
> memory and will happily rather crash rather than put up with this virtual
> memory crap.
Now that you mention your 6 gigs, I remember that my MBP was painfully sloooow under *snow leopard* when equipped with "only" 4 gigs. I upgraded to 8 gigs, put some background  gadgets out of activity, and everything is OK now.
In any case I think that some extra memory is always a good investment.
Cheers
	François