[OT] Scratchboard of Dar Scott

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri May 11 14:24:20 EDT 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Hey Dar. Who did that scratchboard of your portrait on your swcp.com page? That is pretty good work!

I forgot the name of the artist; that was done in the early 80s for a book on microcomputer innovators.  It looks cool because it looks like they did a piece on me in WSJ.

Somebody gave it a haircut and cropped it in the late 90s where it lost something.  That is what is at the website.

I don't look like that anymore and I have been discussing changes with the web design person.  I look like Santa in the last few months of the year, but perhaps at other times I scare small children, so we have to find a picture safe for Internet.  Perhaps, I should warn people when it changes.

Right now, I'm making changes by hand and getting the website simplified and valid.  Sometime later a new look might come.  Right now the only new look is graph paper instead of wood grain.  And soon, a new picture.  The website was originally created in the 90s with modems in mind, so the speed of page changes might be startling.

Dar