script works only during debugging

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:01:29 EDT 2012

Solved it!

It seems the problem was related to "send in 0 milliseconds". In
essence, HANDLER 1 before exiting would call HANDLER 2, and then
HANDLER 2 would before exiting do two "send in 0 milliseconds" to
HANDLERS 3 & 4.

During debugging, when I inserted a "wait 50 milliseconds with
messages" at the end of HANDLER 2, the script worked.

So, I then tried it without the "wait" after first replacing the "send
in 0 milliseconds" with explicit calls to HANDLERS 3 & 4 within
HANDLER 2. That worked too.

The LC doc's entry for "send" states:

"If you use the send in time form of the send command--even if you
specify a time of zero seconds--the current handler finishes executing
before the message is sent."

Am I wrong to understand that, in my situation described above, the
"current handler" would be HANDLER 2? And, if there's 2 "send in 0"
statements, in what order do they get triggered?

Very relieved to be done with this problem!

Cheers.
--
Nicolas Cueto