script works only during debugging

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed May 9 23:04:42 EDT 2012

This has happened to me intermittantly ever since 1987, with HC.

I never quite know how it resolves, though it usually does. I can swear that sometimes code works, and sometimes not, even though I have made no changes. And your point about  a script runnding just fine through the debugger, but not in normal operation, is familiar.

It seems like stepping through a script cleans it out in some way. Sometimes.

That said, retyping code that looks right sometimes helps, though your debugger thing likely will not respond to that.

It is a mystery.

Craig Newman