SHIFTkey "Fun"

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:46:44 EDT 2012

On 05/09/2012 10:32 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 10:18 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>> Richmond,
>> I don;t know if this helps your application or not but the dictionary
>> says
>> that on Macs those keys don't result in rawkeydow, UNLESS another key is
>> pressed at the same time.  Not sure if you then get 2 rawkeydown
>> events or
>> what.

http://gega.homelinux.net/AmigaDevDocs/lib_34.html

I know the article is OLD as the hills, and it refers to the Amiga computer.

Nevertheless it explains how rawKey signals work.

Now I do not suppose that the Macintosh computer is so vastly different
from other
computers that these sort of signals are not sent by the modifier keys;
after all,
if they did not we would have a tough time typing a capital "F"!