Is there a way to shorten this script? (100 graphics and 200 lines of text)

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Tue May 8 15:46:55 EDT 2012

To print using AirPrint you can use the rreHardCopy external from Livecode which is included with you external examples:

Together with a script like this:

on AirPrint
    if not rreHardcopyIsAvailable() then
         answer "Printing is not available at this time." titled "Printing Error"
         exit to top
    end if
   put the short name of this card into tPrintJob
   export snapshot from rect (the rect of graphic "PrintArea") of this card to tPNG as PNG
   put tPNG into URL ("file:" & specialFolderPath("documents") & "/" & tPrintJob & ".png") --if you want to store it as well

   put (specialFolderPath("Documents") & "/" & tPrintJob & ".png") into tPDFFile
    rreHardcopyPrintPDF tPDFFile, tPrintJob

    if the result = "printing cancelled" then
         exit to top
    end if
end AirPrint

-- Tom McGrath III