[ANN] Installer Maker Plugin 1.7.8

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu May 3 22:27:28 EDT 2012

Peter-

> Personally, I am averse to having to pay for a release of a product where
> the ONLY changes are bug fixes and there are no enhancements, no matter how
> long I've owned the product.  I don't know enough about this situation to
> know if that's the case or not.

No, that's definitely *not* the case - Mark's been adding lots of
bells and whistles to this thing as time goes on. And I don't want
this to be an ad hominem on Mark or on InstallerMaker.

I'm bringing up what I hope is the more abstract question of charging
for bug fixes. I don't do that and I certainly don't think it's
standard industry practice to do it. It's more of "you have version
1.3 of our software, we have version 1.3.7 available for download with
several bugs fixed. Or you can upgrade to version 1.4" rather than "oh
yeah... that feature doesn't work... give me more money".

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net