Intercepting 'set the script..." in the IDE editor

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 2 13:51:19 EDT 2012

I like the idea of a plugin setting up a front script.  However, don't I need to catch the click on the apply button rather than closefield?

Maybe, I'm trying to do the wrong thing.  Maybe I just need a plugin button to make the transformation on the edit field itself, perhaps with comments showing the change.  This should be set up to be undoable.

That might look OK for, say, constant folding, but would look scary for translating some domain language into 'talk.  Even with a comment showing the original line, suddenly getting lines 300 characters long that look like nonsense can be confusing.

It does put the LiveCode programmer in charge.

Dar