Datagrid in scroller on iOS update speed?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue May 1 08:45:11 EDT 2012

There was a recent discussion about how having groups inside other groups will lead to poor performance, and that RunRev are looking into a way of defining a group as just being a container. Might that help your case?

My guess about it is that the outer group is being handled as a texture, and as the inner group is changing that would mean the outer groups texture has to be completely updated. If the outer group was known to jut be a container, it wouldn't be processed as a texture, but the inner groups would, and should perform well.

Meanwhile, what render settings are you using? If I'm right about the issue, setting the acceleratedRendering to false might improve the performance.