[OT] A couple of links about Gnome and usability

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Mar 24 19:28:31 EDT 2012

On 03/24/2012 05:48 PM, Pete wrote:
> I already have a Windows laptop that I only use for testing out the LC apps
> I develop on my Mac.  I don't really want another computer.  It seems like
> Apple has just about shut the door on running anything but OS X on their
> computers.  Can I install Linux on my Windows computer a dual boot it
> somehow?

If you have enough memory, it may be more useful, and simpler, to run a
Linux distro inside VirtualBox or VMWare. To make that even easier, you
can find, using your favorite search engine, downloadable, ready to go
virtual machine disk images of almost any Linux distro, in current and
older versions. For casual use, this would be my recommendation.

Good luck,

Warren