Source of corruption

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 24 00:36:19 EDT 2012

On 3/23/12 7:26 PM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:

> It turns out that the stack had inexplicably had its mainstack
> reference changed to another stack. Resetting this back to itself
> (there is only one stack in the file) seems to have fixed everything.
> Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Usually that sort of thing happens to me when I'm setting properties
from the message box and I reference "this stack". Sometimes "this
stack" isn't the one you think it is and you end up changing the wrong
one. I locked myself out of a stack once by setting a random password on
"this stack" from the message box. Let's hear it for Time Machine.

Now I try to use only stack names in the message box, even though I can
see the current default stack there. I don't trust myself.

Then yesterday I set up all the panes in Standalone Settings and was
about to do a build when I realized I'd set up my (invisible) custom
utility stack instead of my project stack.

"This stack" is slippery.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com