revCopyFile

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Mar 22 22:26:45 EDT 2012

Hi Jacque,
Yes, I saw that in the dictionary.  I don't think there's any metadata in
the files I will be copying (straight .txt files) but I'll have to check
that before going down this path.

I found the files function in the dictionary and it includes the file size
in one of it's formats but it lists all the files in the default folder,
not an individual file.  I guess it won;t take too long to get that and use
filter to narrow it down to the source file for the copy.

Pete

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 3/22/12 7:25 PM, Pete wrote:
>
>> Hi Maarten,
>> That's a nice solution.  Fast and doing it in chunks allows me to show a
>> progress bar.  I think I'll settle on that method.  Is there a way to get
>> the size of a file in LC?  With that, I could decide if it's even worth
>> displaying a progress bar.
>>

> The reason RR chose AppleScript is because it retains the metadata in a
> file, which a straight binary copy doesn't do. Apple is veering away from
> metadata though, so it may not be as important as it used to be.
>
> --

Pete