revCopyFile

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:44:54 EDT 2012

Funny, I went through this just a week ago. I found four reasons to abandon
revCopyFile for a shell command:

1. The sound.
2. It's slow.
3. For large numbers of commands it died on me.
4. It can't change the name of the file as part of the copy process.

I was trying to turn 1,700 files in one location into about 22,000 files
with different names in another location. I found that with revCopyFile and
renaming, it took several hours to do about 7,000 files and then died,
taking the Finder with it.

By changing to the command below, I ran the entire job with no sounds and
no problems in about fifteen minutes.

*on* shellCopyFile tSource,tTarget

   *get* shell("cp" && quote & tSource & quote && quote & tTarget & quote)

   *if* it is not empty *then*

      *-- handle errors here*

   *end* *if*

*end* shellCopyFile