"can't find handler" error in script that worked before

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 4 01:12:24 EST 2012

On 3/3/12 10:10 PM, Sieg Lindstrom wrote:
> My second post tonight while I'm thinking of it. I have an app that
> ran flawlessly under RunRev. Now, using LiveCode 5.0.2, a handler in
> a button script  that calls another handler in the stack script
> returns a "can't find handler" error.
>
> It was easy to fix by moving the "unfindable" handler into the button
> script, but shouldn't a button be able to call a handler in the stack
> script? It worked before, hasn't been modified and all variables are
> properly made global. ????

Is your button in a group? There was a change to how background and card
groups receive messages. If the button is in a background group, try
changing it to not be a background group (untick the checkbox in the
inspector.) You can still share the group across several cards if you
want, but the messaging order should correct itself.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com