Gradients (was "Re: Table field")

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 16:57:52 EDT 2012

Hi Peter,

You can do it all from code if you like. Create a new stack, drop a button onto it, and set its script to:

##
on mouseUp
   CreateTwoColorGraphic "Peter", "10,50,110,85", "255,0,0", "0,0,255"
   answer"Created:"&& theresult
end mouseUp

private command CreateTwoColorGraphic pName, pRectangle, pTopColor, pBottomColor
   --> prepare the fillGradient array
   local tFillGradientA
   put "linear" into tFillGradientA["type"]
   put (item 1 of pRectangle),(item 2 of pRectangle) into tFillGradientA["from"]
   put (item 1 of pRectangle),(item 4 of pRectangle) into tFillGradientA["to"]
   put (item 3 of pRectangle),(item 2 of pRectangle) into tFillGradientA["via"]
   put   0.00000,pTopColor & return & \
         0.49999,pTopColor & return & \
         0.50000,pBottomColor & return & \
         1.00000,pBottomColor \
         into tFillGradientA["ramp"]
   --> now create the graphic
   local tGraphicLongId
   resetthetemplateGraphic
   settherectangleofthetemplateGraphictopRectangle
   settheopaqueofthetemplateGraphictotrue
   setthefillGradientofthetemplateGraphictotFillGradientA
   create graphic pName
   put it into tGraphicLongId
   --> and cleanup before returning the long id of the graphic
   resetthetemplateGraphic
   return tGraphicLongId
end CreateTwoColorGraphic
##

Then click the button, and you'll get a graphic named "Peter" in the specified rectangle, with the two colors each taking up half of the height of the graphic, even when you resize it.

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====