Standalone won't run

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Mon Jun 25 02:04:22 EDT 2012

Does your code get a chance to run at all?  If so, you can put alerts in
to announce how far the app gets before it's crashing.

on preOpenStack
   answer "preOpenStack"
   [...regular code...]
end preOpenStack

on openStack
   answer "openStack"
   [...regular...]
end openStack

and so on.  If LiveCode is running at all before crashing, you get a
chance to find the bug.

I'm finding with my stacks is that the preOpenCard and openCard handlers
get run much less in the IDE during development.  I'd start by taking a
hard look at those.

Richard, I don't think it's the executable bit, as the problem seems to
be on both platforms, and the computers both are *trying* to run the
standalone.  That wouldn't happen if the executable bit weren't set.

-Ken