ANN: Stars

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 23 12:48:54 EDT 2012

Hi Alejandro,

I never taught such a course. I did write a book some time back: Turtle Physics, Holt, Reinhard, and Winston, 1985. Also in Spanish: Fisica con Logo.

That implementation of TG was in LOGO, not LiveCode.

LOGO was a product of the MIT multimedia lab and was an outgrowth of an MIT project based on Seymor Paper's work.

LOGO was based on LISP, the language of choice at MIT computer science dept. It works well for work for AI.

It was all about list processing. So much so that the only repeat structure was tail recursion. Recursion drove most teachers nuts.

The link on my web site to "Programing for science students" was an early effort to translate Turtle Physics into LiveCode, nee Transcript.

Jim