LiveCode 5.5.1 Released

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Thu Jun 21 17:34:37 EDT 2012

Here, here.  I'd definitely vote for this.

I mean, it's *so* bloody close:

1) Drop a label on your app that's inactive so you can see it, but it
doesn't block events.

2) Define an error handler that prints the error message to the label
(and truncates the label at xx lines).

All of this is possible in the existing Livecode, it's just translating
the gobbeldygook into english that's troublesome. I've got a permanent
bookmark to http://runrev.info/error.html, and it's pathetic that a
third party needs to support such a tool.

If it can be done in the IDE, why can't that code be a library that's
loaded for debugging in the device, and not loaded for release?

-Ken