LiveCodeOnline [Was: Re: Rev Online]

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:47:46 EDT 2012

On 21/06/12 10:20, Rolf Kocherhans wrote:
> Hello Tim
>
> Yes !
> We probably all have !
> My last try was yesterday !
>

> This is the response I got one months ago:
>
> --------------------
> Ticket#2012050910000326
>
> Hello Rolf,
>
> Hopefully I will be tackling this issue with revOnline soon, but unfortunately I
> can't give you any estimate or assurances as to when it's going to be fixed. We do
> of course want everyone to be able to use revOnline, so with a bit of luck I'll be
> able to return it to normal working order sometime in the near future.

'estimates or assurances'; well, perhaps somebody should put their money
where their mouth is.

"We do of course want everyone to be able to use revOnline"

oddly enough, I'm starting to believe that less and less as actions (or
the lack thereof)
speak louder than words.

That word 'luck' is a bit disingenuous. Surely what is needed is WORK
and COMMITMENT.

I would characterise RunRev as a company that produces a super product,
but is signally bad at
follow-up with bug reports and maintenance of components (such as
Rev-Online and RevNet)
that involve interaction between their product installed on end-user's
machines and RunRev's
own machines.

I remember being informed that all the material on 'old' RevOnline would
be transferred to 'new' RevOnline: it hasn't, so all those stacks which
developers uploaded for the greater good of
the much vaunted 'developer community' which RunRev protests it supports
are now
unavailable unless you happen to have RR version 2.x to be able access
it (and, when last I looked,
the stacks are no longer downloadable).

I am trying to save up money to buy a more current version of Livecode
than 4.5; but am starting
to wonder whether I wouldn't be better buying a really decent copy of
the supplement to the
Old Testament Pseudepigrapha instead (having spent an arm and a leg on
the 2 volume Charleworth
edition of the Old Testament Pseudepigrapha it would be nice to have
James Davila's work on my bookshelf - even if only for the simple reason
that his house is across the road from mine in St Andrews)., as they
come in at about the same price. Davila's book does not feature anything
online
that can get broken at a later date.