How to open an XML file within an OSX bundle?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 16:22:32 EDT 2012

Further digging reveals that the OSX feature 'Show Package Contents' is available for all packages - not just applications. Visibility seems to be controlled by bundle flags set on the file extension in the Launch.Services database, such as this entry for a coda plugin

		uti:           com.panic.coda.plugin
		flags:         imported  inactive  untrusted
		icon:          Contents/Resources/plug-ins.icns
		conforms to:   com.apple.bundle , com.apple.package
		tags:          .codaplugin

The MindManager 9 for Mac entries lack these flags and so, no package behaviour.

Unfortunately, these flags at file level to unlock a single file and I wouldn't trust my Terminal skills to even attempt to go hacking into the Launch.Services database (or rebuild it after hacking the associated plists).

So, I think for now, the first step of my utility is a mandraulic copy & paste of the XML file's content into a LiveCode source file dump field for post-processing - where the fun stuff begins ;-)
Best,
Keith..