LiveCodeOnline [Was: Re: Rev Online]

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 02:02:55 EDT 2012

On 06/20/2012 04:02 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Alex, Richard-
>
> Yes, but... three things:
>
> it wouldn't have the authority of the company behind it, in the way
> that the Apple store, etc does
>
> I don't recall a link from the runrev site to LiveCode Journal, or
> it's somewhere out of the way.
>
> it would look really bad for the company to have this added as Yet
> Another Failed Runrev Initiative. (notice that I succeeded in not
> mentioning web deployment, on-rev, RevMedia, DreamCard, etc by name)

That list does seem a bit long.

The other day I looked in one of my sons' chest of drawers (yeah, the
apostrophe should
be where it is, I have 2 sons) and found unfinished projects going back
about 8 years.

I wonder if those are not failures so much as good ideas that
were not maintained because people became so enthusiastic about
putting all their effort towards the next thing that they lost track of the
fact that once you start something (remember the vast bally-hoo
about Free RevMedia?) you need to maintain it.