sending focus to next field

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 10:53:04 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just made a merry little stack with 3 fields all in a row.
>
> And a button containing this script:
>
> on mouseUp
>  put the id of the focusedObject into fOB
>  put (fOB + 1) into fOB
>  focus on fld id fOB
> on mouseUp
>
> and, oddly enough, it shifts the focus down the line of fields, one per
> click.

Thanks.  This actually solves another coming issue :)

I'm using a combobox to load a hidden field.  It can either be pulled
down, text entered, or a hotkey typed.

When they pull down, and particularly when they hit a hotkey, I want
the cursor to move to the "next" field as if a tab were hit inside a
text field.  It needs to be "next" rather than a specific field,
because some fields are hidden and reappear depending upon context.

I tried "type tab" which created an infinite loop . . .
--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com