Unable to install livecode on Linux, why?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Jun 16 16:23:47 EDT 2012

On 06/16/2012 02:53 PM, Richmond wrote:
>> Peter, you might update apt-get and try 'sudo apt-get install
>> ia32-libs' and see if that does the trick for you.
>
> "Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate"

Richmond, are you working with a 64 bit installation? If you are, do you
find ia32-libs listed in one of the gui software managers? It's listed
in the Mint Software Manager, but wouldn't install. To get this to
install in Mint, after several failures, I ran these commands in a terminal:

sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get clean
sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
sudo apt-get update

and then Software Manager successfully installed the libs. I don't have
much experience with apt-get and this was a shotgun approach based on a
forum thread discussing problems someone was having getting Firefox
installed in Mint 13. I'm happy running openSUSE and was only curious
about this problem Peter was having, but I have to say the Mint Software
Manager did not impress me :D

Best,

Warren