Unable to install livecode on Linux, why?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 04:04:53 EDT 2012

Yes, but it makes no difference how its tried.  The permission is set to
everyone read and write, its also set to executable, and if I do it from
thunar or from a terminal I get the same error.  I even started a terminal
in the folder, became root, then started thunar as root, then tried to
execute.  Thinking who knows what sort of error might be creeping in.  Same
problem.  Weird or what?

I can try on another machine, though we only have Debian installs around
here...  I guess it would be possible to install fedora on a VM and then
have a go there.

Peter