Re: An iMac Screen Problem …..

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Jun 12 11:38:46 EDT 2012

Sounds like the iMac thinks that the screen is bigger then it actually is. If a reboot doesn't help, i suggest to reset the pram or.. what's the newfangled BIOS replacement called again?

anyway, you want this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1895

If the problem re-emerges, most likely the standby battery has run out of juice. In that case you need to find out if it's soldered on, or removable. If soldered let it be replaced by a technician, otherwise: www.ifixit.com