English language learners and LiveCode

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 22:24:56 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Surely we have discussed this topic before, but the HyperCard
thread brings me memories from 1987, when I started dabbling
with Macs. Back then, I provided translations from manuals for
my group of coworkers who were learning to use the Mac.

Just last week, I was showing to a school friend (who works as
an English Teacher) some stacks created in LiveCode and he
told me that he wished to be able to create similar stacks
for his classes, but he quickly dismissed the idea, arging that
the time involved to learn it would be too much for him.

Then, I proceed to show him the scripts that drive the stacks
and he was really surprised to learn that he could actually read
and understand a computer language. Obviously, he have never
heard before about HyperCard or LiveCode so I left him the stack
"MetaTalk Programmer" to run with Ken Ray's StackRunner.
http://www.canelasoftware.com/mc/metacard24/mtp.mc

How difficult would be for LiveCode to sell a specially simplified
student version of this program in English Teaching Academies
around the world?

I am sure that exposing english learners to this platform would
be really beneficial for them and LiveCode.

Al