Better Wiki With LiveCode?

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at superstudent.net
Fri Jun 8 19:57:38 EDT 2012

On 08/06/2012, at 1:27 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> if you amend the behaviour to how you suggest, then wont you make it
> impossible to actually amend the text that represents the hyperlink?

The proposed change would mean that the programmer would be able to correctly detect that the selection has changed (which it doesn't now). When the change is detected, the programmer can then determine if the new selection includes 'linked' text, and what to do if it does.

I don't believe anyone is proposing that if a selection is changed to a linked text, that the engine should automatically trigger a 'go to' to the linktext. This behaviour, if desired, would still need to be programmed by the developer.

Indeed, the behaviour you've described with iWeb would be easier to implement if the found bug is fixed. Right now, apart from having to put a catch in 'selectionChanged', we also have to put one on 'arrowKey' in order to achieve that.

--
Igor Couto
Sydney, Australia