Recreating complex interfaces and/or field formatting on preOpenCard

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:04:05 EDT 2012

Hi Bob,

slylabs13 wrote

> Seems counterintuitive doesn't it? Do some stuff on a card before
> ever opening it? It's like saying drive to the store and get some milk
> before unlocking the driver side door. ;-)
>
> Usually with a preOpenCard handler, if I want to hide what I am doing
> from my user, I just lock the screen or hide the stack, and then handle
> everything else in an openCard handler, but that is just my preference.

Assembling a card on preopencard is useful for reusing the
same color jpg image in different ways (as card background, with crop,
with zoom, with inkeffects, in sepia tone, in black and white, etc...)
in the same card. If I remember well, each different use would
require import the same image many times. Or not???

Alejandro