Hypercard: the missing link to the web

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:49:04 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> The drafting table orientation has been optimal for long work sessions for
> centuries, so it seems inevitable that as computer form factors continue to
> diversify we'll see an increasing number of those.
>
> An iMac that tilts all the way back doesn't seem to hard to envisage.

> The bigger question is precision:  occupying only a single pixel, the
> action point of a mouse makes it significantly more precise than any finger
> can be.  But that's ultimately a software design issue, not an inherent
> flaw in the nature of touch devices as a whole.
>
> Which has been addressed in iOS already. If I prod my finger long enough
on some text the magnifying glass pops up and I can more precisely position
the insertion point. Clearly something similar could happen with graphics
programs to magnify 100 fold, a pixel becomes 10x10 pixels.

Which brings us all the way back to HC which had something similar in it's
image editor.