Hypercard: the missing link to the web

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:20:11 EDT 2012

Interestingly enough, as a Window and Linux user, I had never even
heard of Hyper-Card when I found MetaCard, then Rev and finally
LiveCode... I was just looking for a decent development tool for those
two platforms only. Mac's or anything to do with Apple never even
crossed my mind. (Seldom does still, although I do have a Mac-Mini
that I largely ignore.)

-David C.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:
> The performa series was an attempt at making Apple systems to compete with the PC's of the time. A few were pretty good, but there were some pigs too. In the final analysis what Apple produced in an attempt to market cheap computers, was... well... cheap computers! Good riddance I say! I'll pay the extra for premium parts.
>
> Bob
>

> On Jun 1, 2012, at 11:45 AM, Lynn Fredricks wrote:
>
>> Consider why Apple never themselves didn't offer a barebones system.
>> It was never in their corporate chemistry (certainly never in SJ's) to
>> pursue that kind of strategy.

Best regards,
David C.