Android: custom prop vs. .txt?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 1 13:30:54 EDT 2012

Ralph DiMola wrote:

> [...]

Good reminder.  SD is by far the preferred option, since there's usually
much more space available there.

The restriction about saving a stack will also apply if the stack with
the properties is part of the stack file that is the executable.

My tip on the value of using stack files for data storage assumes that
the stack file has had its filename property set to an appropriate
location for writes.

Once that's done, a lot of very convenient name-value-pair programming
can be done easily and robustly using custom props in stack files.

If the nature of the data requires relationality, then a relational
database like SQLite will be essential.  But for simple name-value pairs
it's hard to beat the simplicity and efficiency of custom props.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World