[OT] How long before..

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Jul 31 19:45:38 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> So, I'm wondering... how long before we quit upgrading everything and start
> sticking to a single legacy OS and/or programs?

I was pretty happy using Snow Leopard but Apple decided that you could only
ship Mac and iOS software to their app stores if you were running on Lion
so I was forced to upgrade even though this requirement makes no sense. Why
a version of XCode runs on Lion and not on Snow Leopard is beyond me.

I am all in favor of "if it isn't broken then don't fix it" and thats why
up to couple years ago I was a heavy Newton user. I didn't care if the
machine was from 1997, it worked well for my purposes and nothing beats
working months on couple AA batteries. Unfortunately, someone sat on it and
broke the screen. From there onwards, I had pretty much all
desktop/phone/tablet/os combinations under the sun and except for webOS
nothing really impressed me. I saw lots of evolution but no revolution.

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.