Scaling Gradients

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:16:28 EDT 2012

Hi all,

In principle, I posted this message in the message thread:
"The Screen Density Conundrum"

but, in retrospective, there is more probabiblity that
itwould get an answer, if I posted it
in a new thread...

Ideally, we should be able to use scalable vectors
for the Interface. Icons, backgrounds, Text...

A vector graphics interface created with all the excellent
capabilities of vector graphics in this platform, would be
a real delight to watch...

In a quick test of scaling polygons with a gradient fill,
the polygon scaled well, as expected, but the gradient
just stay fixed in its place with the same original size.

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/img/Gradients04.jpg

If I scale the same vector polygon with the pointer tool,
the gradient changes sizes and positions, to keep up
proportional with the graphic.

Does exists some way to replicate the pointer tool
behavior with gradients (scaling them correctly)
using only a script?

Solving this could facilitate the use of vectors instead
of images in many interface elements.

Al