The Screen Density Conundrum

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Tue Jul 31 07:55:45 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:  (shortened to
express my idea)

> So we know the density we are running at and now we have the choice of the
> following:
>   - scale things
>   - create multiple substacks
>   - same as above but using stackfiles
>   - creating multiple stackfiles at build time

>  It looks like there's no easy answer.

What if NO images were included in the app?  Instead, on first launch, you
evaluate the screen size/density/scale, then download a premade separate
substack from  a website/ftpsite/cloudstorage/dropbox/etc. which only
contains the images of the proper size for THIS device.  You keep this
substack in the documents folder permanently.  On the next launch of the
app, you have nice crisp resolution-specific artwork in the app for the
device.

~Roger