QuickTime on Windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 30 19:10:05 EDT 2012

Thanks Scott. I just this second figured it out. I didn't give enough
info for you to know what was wrong.

QT is installed and I'm using long file paths, and it all works in the
IDE. But -- here's what I left out -- I was running the standalone in
Parallels from the "network" drive (i.e., the folder on my Mac.) All the
"play audioclip" commands worked fine but players with sound files
assigned didn't. Apparently QT doesn't like to load sound files from a
virtually mounted drive. When I copied the sounds folder to the XP VM it
started working.

The question is though, how come QT was happy to load the file when it
was running in the IDE? Weird. Doesn't matter I guess, the standalone
will always be on the same drive with the app. But I like to know these
things.

Thanks again.