Certain Images cause LC Freeze?

webmaster at curiositi.com webmaster at curiositi.com
Sun Jul 29 22:22:10 EDT 2012

Have others encountered this problem before?  I've found that loading
certain images into a LiveCode Image Area cause the program to become
unresponsive.  I have to force quit LiveCode and upon relaunch "set the
filename" of the image area to empty.  Otherwise, it will lock up again.

Any ideas on why some images cause this lock-up, and others work just
fine?

I am attaching an example stack.  Here is how to recreate: (in Run
mode)

1)  Click the "Load Image Area" button.
2)  Click the "Go Next" button (or use keyboard shortcut)
3)  Click the "Go Prev" button (or use keyboard shortcut)
4)  Try to click anything... on the card or the tool palette -- nothing
will work.

Interestingly, you can perform the same steps with the same image
occur.

I am running LiveCode 5.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas on how can I prevent this
freeze/lock-up from happening?

--Forrest Doddington