making a graphic the shape of a bitmap

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sun Jul 29 13:16:17 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> When you say, "there doesn't seem to be a way to edit a graphic's shape"
> how do you mean? There is "Reshape graphic" under the Object menu for
> manual editing. Or did you mean something more sophisticated?
>
> Jim Hurley

Alejandro has done shared so much of his work on creatingand editing bezier
curves in LiveCode, and I am grateful for his contributions.  If you want
to stay within LiveCode, and trace an image 'accurately' with smooth curves:

    - Make a new stack as large as your monitor.
    - Import an image and scale it as big as the screen.
    - Lock its size and position.
    - Set its color to a light-medium gray.
  ** This is now your tracing template.

Download Alejandro's drawing tools, and use the first pen tool to trace
your image.  Click and click makes straight lines, but click and drag makes
adjustable curves as you go.  When done, double-click the last point to
close the shape.  You have a nice graphic that you can scale DOWN to the
size you need.  Store your points incase you want a larger graphic later.

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/Graphic_Tools_v01cbeta.mc.gz

Just change the extension of the stack from .mc to .rev or .livecode.

~Roger