Preview of Resolution Independent Control library for RevMobile

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jul 29 10:44:14 EDT 2012

Thomas McGrath III wrote:

 > The reason I posted this (most obvious post) was because the LC
 > engine already knows the difference between a point and a pixel
 > and interprets two physical pixels as a logical point with this
 > command. It does know how to double the size of 'everything' all
 > at once. And what we are actually looking for is the ability to
 > use double sized HD images and controls at regular size and NOT
 > have them doubled but then we need double pixel controls as well.
 > What we are looking for is to use pixels (not iOS's/LC's Logical
 > Points) and create our own logic for pixel management as well as
 > images and graphics.

The Android API suggests using up to four different sets of images, each
in a separate folder for the main categories of resolutions.

What is the simplest way we might do the same in LiveCode?

We currently have only one current directory, and in most cases we won't
want to switch that because we'll need it to access other elements like
stack files.

Should we consider adding an imageDirectory property?

Is there some simpler way to swap out the paths to all referenced images
without changing each one individually?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World