Upgrade to Mountain Lion and LiveCode 5.5.1 Problem

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Sat Jul 28 13:10:24 EDT 2012

On Jul 28, 2012, at 6:02 AM, Colin wrote:

> You need to go into Preferences, Mobile Support, and click on the ? button to set the path for the developer root location. When it asks if you are using Xcode 4.2 or later, pick the later option, and then point it at the Xcode application, in the Applications folder.
>
> Once you've done that you can look at the Development menu to see what Test Targets there are. Then in Standalone Settings select a matching version of iOS.

I did as you suggest, Colin, but to no avail! Details: Since I have Livecode 5.5.1, the Mobile Support Preference offers "4.2 of earlier" or "4.3 or later" for            Xcode installed. Since I have Xcode 4.4 installed, I of course selected the "4.3 or later" option. The resulting available simulators are 4.0-4.3,5.0.5.1, indicated in Preference pane.

Then, in the Standalone Settings, I select iPad 5.0 or later. Under the Development menu, I select iPad simulator 5.0 for Test Target. The result is a hanged simulator with the error message: "Unable to start simulator: Simulator session timed out". I get the same result for any simulator I select.

Interesting that I no longer get the "iOS Simulator could not find the SDK. The SDK may have to be reinstalled" message!! Do you have nay other suggestions? Or, do you think I need to reinstall the SDK? If so, Do you know how to do that?

BTW, I am really enjoying your book!

Thanks,
Roger