Wacom tablets

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jul 27 16:07:57 EDT 2012

Poor memory and advancements over the years limit what I can say.  I have used USB Wacom tablets.

They are USB mice and that should work directly.  They are also other kinds of HID devices.

I think there is an SDK, but I don't know how public it is.  You might be able to make an external for that.

I have seen the devices with some HID externals, so you might be able to do something there.  I have been able to see the drawing details fly by.  At some level, the data is available, but you might need to tinker with interpretation.  I'm not sure what I did with the drawing interface, if anything.  I think I was interested in statistics at the time.  And getting the mouse resolution in general.

I have a vague memory of some 3rd party general drivers that translate.

As usual, it is all haze until I get back into it, but this might provide some clues.

Dar